What We Offer:
EISMAT offers four services to clients, namely
- Academic programmes at vocational level;
- Safety, Health and Environment Consultancy Services;
- Safety and Security Consultancy Services, and
- Supply of Safety Equipment.
Academic Programmes at Vocational Level;
At present we are offering the following programmes.
- National Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health [S6 leavers and above may apply]
This is a two year programme with both theory and practical, which allows graduates to be employed as safety and Health Officers. It covers a wide range of different topics both technical and support course units.
- Technical Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health [S4 leavers]. This is a two year programme that brings S4 leavers upto S6 level allowing them to progress to a diploma qualification.
- Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health [open to people who have been working in Safety, Health and Environment for over 2 years without qualification, but with experience to set them on the ladder of accruing safety and health qualifications. This is a six months programme
- Certificate in Medical Health and Safety [open to people in the medical profession]. This is a six months programme specifically for people working in the health sector to enhance their safety, health and environment knowledge and skills.
- Certificate in Safety and Security [open to S4 leavers and above with experience in the Security field of 1 year]. This is a six months programme aiming at introducing Security personnel into the safety field and vice versa.
Safety, Health and Environment Consultancy Services:
Our Safety, health and Environment Consultancy offers companies and organisations the opportunity to integrate safety and health into their everyday work practices. Our services include, but not limited to:
- Undertaking Safety, health, Environment and Quality Audits
- Undertaking Safety, health and Hygiene Risk Assessments
- Pre-accreditation for ISO usually, 450001-2015, 180001-2015 & 90001-2018.
- Different trainings dependant on the outcomes from a training needs assessment or company interest.
We have a wide range of companies that we have trained [Public Offices, banks, construction companies, academic institutions, communications organisations to name a few] and a wide array of training topics
- Awareness training for safety, health and environment quality management systems
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and controls.
- Accident investigation
- Safe work practices including ergonomics and manual handling, working at height, confined spaces, electrical safety etc
- 5’s of housekeeping
- Contractor Management
- First Aid and emergency planning
- Practical demonstration and simulation exercises
- Fire safety and emergency evacuation techniques
- Use of fire extinguishers, smoke and fire detectors
- Lifting and dragging
- Transport safety
- Journey planning
- Vehicle inspection
- Defensive driving
- Roles and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Safety Management Committee implementation
- Customer Care
- Stress and Anger management
- Waste Management
- Hazardous material management
- Use of Personnel Protective Equipment [PPE]
- Integration of a safety, health, environment and quality management system
- Design and development of a safety and health policy with clients
Safety and Security Consultancy Services:
Our Safety and Security Consultancy offers companies and organisations the opportunity to enhance predominately safety into the security sector. While many have security knowledge safety, health and environment is usually forgotten about leading to deaths and injuries following a security incident. Our services include but not limited to:
- Audits and risk assessments of particular areas and venues
- Access and exit assessments
- Safety and health hazard identification and controls for organisations and companies
- Integration of safety into security and vice versa
Supply of Safety Equipment:
We supply a wide range of personal protective equipment. Browse our shop items.